4/22/2014

My last day


So today was my last day at Yorkshire Dance and I can’t believe how quickly it has gone! It’s been quite a whirlwind but I have loved every single minute of it. I don’t want to leave!
Today in the youth and community team it was all systems go for the set-up of Fresh. Unfortunately due to other commitments I cannot make the Fresh event itself, which I’m so upset about as it is sure to be an amazing day.  There will be such an array of youth groups coming together and performing for Fresh it is very exciting. There are groups from lots of different areas and backgrounds with different styles and it so great that there is an event like Fresh to facilitate the sharing of their practices – a bit like Sunday’s performance in Rotherham but on a larger more established scale I suppose. I'm sure it will inspire them all and hopefully also inspire the audience!
This evening was “Friday First – Going solo”. ‘Friday First’ is a performance that Yorkshire Dance's projects team put on the first Friday of the month. This month was a collection of solos from emerging artists. It was great, and I think Friday Firsts are somewhat of a hidden gem in Leeds big arts scene. It is so important for dance artists to have the opportunity to develop work and perform it to an audience and receive feedback and I think it’s wonderful that Yorkshire Dance provides the platform for them. Unfortunately it will be a while before I can make another Friday First but I will be there for the next one I can make without a doubt!