3/25/2014

First day

Hi I'm Eloise and over the next 2 weeks I will be on placement at Yorkshire Dance in Leeds.

I thought I would give a little background on myself first. I am currently training at Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance, studying for a Post-graduate Diploma in Community Dance. Alongside studying I also teach ballet at a private dance school.

During the two weeks I will be shadowing classes, attending different regional events around the county and getting an idea of the general workings and nuts and bolts of the organisation.

Today I was introduced to all staff and had my induction and tour of the building. I got to chat to a few different members of staff about their roles within the organisation which was really interesting and made me realise quite how much goes into making sure all the projects, from planning to evaluation, run smoothly and successfully. I was also able to sit in on a meeting discussing funding and future projects, it was fascinating listening to the brain storming and conception of a potential project. I was then set the task of researching published work about the topic of the potential project, something that was not as easy as it sounds as there is not a lot of published work on the subject.