3/31/2014

Day 4

Today I spent most of the day with 'Leaps and Bounds'. Leaps and Bounds is project consisting of regular weekly creative dance classes for adults with learning disabilities. I joined in both the morning and the afternoon classes which were very different in their approach as each class is tailored to the group, it was great to be able to see both. The aim of the class is to raise body awareness and encourage creativity. The classes are so much fun and you can see some of them thriving on being able to express themselves through movement, it was amazing to see.
I also spent time in the office helping to prepare for the event at Leeds Trinity tomorrow. Finally before I went home I went to watch the Yorkshire Dance Youth Juniors class. It is more street dance based than the senior group, but they are very sweet and so enthusiastic and energetic. They were working on their piece they are performing in the Loft as part of Fresh, I was so impressed with how well they picked up corrections and retained choreography, they are a real credit to Yorkshire Dance.